Friday, August 6, 2010

Random Encounter - Crystalis

    One of my favorite games of all time is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.  Swinging a sword, exploring a world, finding items in chests, whooping monster baddies, it was the ultimate action RPG.  In fact, I usually gravitate towards any game like it, but few games prove themselves to be a worth while endeavor.

    Imagine my surprise when I found a game from the old 8-bit era that actually gave me the fun and excitement of a Zelda game without actually being one.
    Crystalis is a game released for the NES back in 1991 by SNK (You know, the guys who do The King of Fighters).  I won't say it really brought anything new to the table as far as action RPGs go, but honestly the experience with the game was solid even though I have yet to actually finish it.



    I totally recommend giving this one a try if you can find it.  I also would recommend finding a walkthrough online for it too as it can be confusing to figure out where you are supposed to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment